The Engaging Leader podcast is an audio program where host Jesse Lahey and his guests share communication and leadership principles and tell stories that illustrate putting those principles into practice.
What does it take to lead a team that builds a startup into a nationally recognized company in less than three years, with an annual growth rate of more than 1,000%?
In this interview, Josh shares his personal story of failures, successes, and the lessons learned along the way. Josh will share how he built a winning team, how he uses a combination of high-touch and high-tech to cultivate the company’s culture despite its explosive growth, and how he leads a workforce of not only several hundred employees locally but also 80,000 affiliates globally.
In addition, Jesse Lahey and Josh Kent discuss:
- Holding intentional events to strengthen a fun, healthy culture;
- How new employees are introduced to the culture;
- Developing leadership skills of managers, including foundational training as well as an ongoing weekly “book club”;
- How to conduct daily “huddles,” weekly “super huddles,” and monthly town halls;
- How to take advantage of the affiliation business model; and
- Managing task lists on a cascading basis, and inspecting what you expect.
Original article published here.